Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thing's Postal

The other thing that caught me off guard, when I started, was the supervisors. I have had a few jobs in my time and the supervisors always were the best workers, hey, they did a job and supervised. We have people not only who can not do a job, and surely are unable to supervise!June 28th, 2007, as if I don't remember it, I was called into office for doing my job. I have a major dispatch, a truck was late and needed help. I got the help myself, to get the job done. Little Mis-management was very loudly ranting and raving on the workroom floor and I was called into office. First words out of her mouth "I didn't realize a truck was late" End of meeting, eh? NO! She continued her ranting and raving, and when I had enough, trying real hard not to say what was really on my mind, said "you really don't know what goes on over there", her response was, "I DON'T HAVE TO KNOW YOUR JOB TO BE YOUR SUPERVISOR". How do you respond to that, without getting fired! I went silent. She was furious, "this is a two-way conversation", no little mis-management, this is you bitching at me for me doing my job, probably saving your ass at the same time.

3 comments:

  1. Just before ending my shift a member of the SPBS crew approaches me with an Express, nothing new. Upon quick examination I realize that it is cremated remains from Boxwell Brothers. Yes, the great leadership of the USPS has decided to have cremated remains to go Express Mail. Past policy was Registered only, you know secure, hand to hand transactions!
    I have only been given a one line type of regulation, saying it's OK to Express. I have tried and tried, from the MDO to Management to get all of the regulations, they are either uncapable or unwilling to do so, or both.

    OK, this package was mailed from the GMF window unit, I'm asking how did it get to the SPBS to begin with? Not having worked in this operation, I can only wonder how many times this package has been thrown and how roughed up while there. The only markings only this package was the Express Mail label. Having been a window clerk, I can recognize cremated remains. Now, having this mixed with Express Mail, well I know it will be thrown around some more.

    THERE OUGHT TO BE A LAW for this, not postal bs, a real law. Do we NOT RESPECT those who have passed on? With any new regulation one, with any type of common sense would think that all the bases would be covered, before enacting a new regulation. You would have to think of all of scenerios, yes there are stupid people out there, we need just to look around. How about having waiver of signature, and left on porch. Dogs would attack it, smells good to me! Or sudden snow storm, yes those do happen, and package not found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An example of a type One would be; Having returned from vacation, yes I still call it vacation, refusing to give in to Postal Terminalogy, a co-worker asked how was it? (the vacation spent away) Not be on best terms with this co-worker, I tried the ever popular, short & sweet answer, too short. This was followed by, so what does the Phoenix Post Office look like? Having worked here for this long, that did not surprise me. I informed co-worker that I do my best to avoid even the local Post Office, while out of these walls. What was going through my mind was, does he visit the "local" Post Offices while he is on vacation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yessss, postal logic at its finest. Why do I feel like a member of the Titanic crew?

    ReplyDelete